Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

Verse of the Day:
Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us to.

When I think of all the things that have happened in the past year, I am amazed at how much I have grown up and changed and where His plan has taken me to.  We can never really what God has planned for us in just one short year of our lives, but so far He has never ceased to amaze me!

Although our plans don’t always go as we would like them to and God throws us curveballs when we least expect it, it is important to look into the future and think where we want to be next year at this time.  What do you want to do differently in your life in 2011?

I am an avid blog follower, and I found this great advice on another blog that I’m going to steal – giving them due credit of course. J Anywho, the guy who writes this blog focuses on how to write New Year’s resolutions that are SPECIFIC, MEASUREABLE, ATTAINABLE, RELEVANT, and TIMELY – all characteristics of a great resolution.  I highly suggest checking out his blog for a better idea of what he means.  (http://www.lifeteen.com/blog/make-2011-better-a-teenagers-guide-to-crafting-a-new-years-resolution)

A resolution in any area of your life is a great way to start the year, but I challenge you to make a spiritual resolution.  This could range from praying more to going to church on a regular basis to starting a prayer journal.  Anything that will bring you closer to God.  It’s just important that it is something that will be meaningful to YOU. You will be amazed at where these actions will take you.


Where do you want to be in your relationship with God on December 31, 2011?

The Simple Truth:  Setting goals to improve your relationship with God will improve everything in your life.

Pray:
Lord, help me to grow much closer to you in this coming year.  I trust you with my life and I know the plans You have for me are so much better than any I could ever make myself.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment