Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Helping Hand

Verse of the Day:
Luke 6:38


For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.


I was having a very busy day. I went to school, went straight to babysit for 2 hours, then rushed to a voice lesson and then had to straight to mock trial practice. After my voice lesson, I was running short on time and I was super hungry for dinner. There is a boy, let's call him Jack, who needed a ride to mock trial. I had two options. 


1) Call Jack and tell him I couldn't give him a ride and stop at Subway to get a sandwich.
OR
 2) Give Jack a ride and go hungry.


I decided to help Jack, despite my hungry stomach. When I pulled in his driveway, he came out his front door, carrying two brown bags. When he got in my car, he handed them to me.


"I thought you'd be hungry, I knew you usually don't have time to eat on Mondays. My mom and I packed you a  dinner" 


It was the best packed dinner I HAVE EVER HAD. A PB & J sandwich, celery, yogurt, Mountain Dew, green tea, cookies, and craisins. All of my favorites. To top it all off, his mom gave me $25 for driving Jack around.


Here's the lesson. I had a choice to make, and I decided to help out Jack instead of getting a Subway sandwich. When I made a decision to help someone, I got out even more than I could ask for. 


The Simple Truth: You will get rewarded for putting others needs before yourself.

Pray:

Lord, help me to put others before me and to realize that helping people out will give me great rewards. Help me to make the right decisions on a daily basis.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment