Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Power of Prayer

Verse of the Day:
Mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

I keep a prayer journal. Basically, every night I just write my prayers down and leave it at that. The reason I started keeping a journal was because I wanted to see how God was working in my life by looking back and seeing what I had prayed for in the past.

I have this friend. I wouldn’t say she was on the wrong path, but she was not exactly heading in the right one. I could tell she had lost her faith and that she was struggling with things in her personal life. I didn’t really know what do to about it, so I just decided to pray.

One night, I decided to look through my journal and see what God had done. I kept seeing my friend’s name. I read things like “Help her find her way” and “I pray she finds trust in You”. I didn’t realize how much I had been praying for her. I didn’t think much of it, and that night I prayed for her again.

The very next day, she came up to me in class. She asked me to go to church with her, and if she could be added to my list of cell phone contacts that receive Bible verses from me every night. A huge smile spread across my face. First of all, I was extremely excited for her. Secondly, I had just witnessed first-hand the power of prayer.

Prayer works. Give it a try.

The Simple Truth: God answers our prayers. It may not be right away, but He has a plan up His sleeve. Prayer is a powerful thing.

Pray:
Lord, help  me to not give up on my prayers even when they don't seem like they're working right away.  Help me to be patient with You and your plans, and to do my best to be an example to those around me.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment