Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be All Right

Verse of the Day:

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Does he like me? Am I wearing cute enough clothes? Will she be mad at me tomorrow? Will she think I'm stupid?

Did I study enough? I wonder if I got an A. Do you think my parents will kill me if I don't get higher than a B? What if I don't get on the honor roll?

Where am I supposed to go to college? Did I apply to the right schools? How will I know which school to choose? How far away from home do I want to be?

Did I get everyone on my list a Christmas present? Will they like their presents? Will so-and-so be upset that I didn't get them anything? Do I have time to go shopping tomorrow?

If you're like me, you're a worry wart.
Guess what?
You don't have to be. God tells us straight up that we don't need to worry. He's got us covered.

So, the next step is to take all of those things that worry you and lay them down at the foot of the cross. Jesus will totally help you out. He's got your back.

The Simple Truth: Worrying about things will not help us. Lay your fears about tomorrow down to Jesus. Every little thing is gonna be all right.

Pray:

Lord, help me not to get too caught up in the worry of every day life. Help me to know that you will help me with my struggles and that you already know what tomorrow brings for me. Help me to come to you whenever I have fear or doubt or worry, knowing that You will help me.

Let your light shine.
P.S. HAPPY CHRISTMAS BRAEK! :)
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment