Friday, December 3, 2010

Contentment

Verse of the Day:
Ecclesiastes 1:9

What has been done is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun.

NEW! IMPROVED! We often see these two words in many ad campaigns. No matter how good a product already is, sooner or later it'll be even better. When I was 10 years old, I thought it was SO COOL to have a portable CD player. I took it to school and listened to it, brought it with me on road trips, and basically thought it was the best thing I owned. A couple years later, everyone had an mp3 player. I thought to myself..now I want one of those! After I got an mp3 player, I saw everyone with iPods, and I thought to myself, now I want an iPod! They're WAY better than an mp3 player! Now I have an iPod, but it's really outdated. Now those iPod Touches look pretty awesome to me...

You get the picture.

The writer of Ecclesiastes invites us to just enjoy what we have now. Sometimes it's hard, when we see someone with the latest BlackBerry or the newest Uggs. We want new things. But a real gift is being thankful and content with the things we already have.

The Simple Truth: Improvements to earthly items will always be done, but we should be content with what we already have.

Pray:

Lord, help me to be content with my life. Help me to praise and thank You for the things you give me every single. Help me to not get caught up in wanting the latest item.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment