Thursday, December 9, 2010

Working Hard

Verse of the Day:
1 Timothy 4:7-8

On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

I just got back from the boys basketball game, and they WON! And it was a super awesome/intense/cool game to be at! I was so impressed with the guys and how hard they worked. Then it occurred to me...

They didn't get that good overnight.

In order to get that good, they worked. They worked really hard too! They practice every day after school for four hours. Sometimes even in the mornings. They memorize plays, they lift weights, they spend time together to develop team chemistry. They spend so much time into playing basketball, and the outcome is success.

I think for everyone there is something that we are really dedicated to, whether it's basketball, band, student council, or getting good grades. Working really hard and keeping discipline help us reach our goals in those areas. Think about if we had that much dedication and put that much time into our relationship with God. The outcome, success.

The Simple Truth: If we put more time and energy into our relationship with God, the result would be awesomeness.

Pray:

Lord, help me to realize that while things like basketball, theater, and school are very important, my relationship with You is also important. Help me to discipline myself so that I can become closer to You.

Let your light shine
-Lo




No comments:

Post a Comment