Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Open Doors

Verse of the Day:
Jeremiah 33:3

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

So, I went to my voice lesson the other day, just like usual. I pulled up the the back parking lot and headed for the door. The door is always locked. Week after week, it is always locked. So, as my usual routine goes, I called my voice teacher to open the door for me. He didn't answer. I called him two more times. No luck. Shivering in the December air, I headed back to my car and drove around to the other side of the building where there were doors that were actually open, and ended up being 5 minutes late to my voice lesson. When my half hour lesson was done, another girl came in right after me. I asked her if she had to go all the way around the building, like I did, to find an open door.

"No," she replied. "The back door was open today!"

Yep. I was so sure that the door was locked that I didn't even TRY to open it. Turns out, it was open the whole time.

Relating this to God. Sometimes I feel like I have to pray a certain way at a certain time, or go to church so many times a month, or go to youth group, and do all of these extra things to get God's love. But the thing is, there are opportunites right in front of us to love God. We don't have to take the long route. We can get to God's love easier than that, just how I could have gotten to my voice lesson without that whole other pointless detour.

The Simple Truth: God's love is ready and available to us. We don't have to take a bunch of twists and turns to find it.

Pray:

Lord, help me to realize that You are ready to talk to whenever I need You. I do not need to pray a special way, or go to church a special number of times, or go to my youth group to get Your attention. You love me no matter what, and Your love is always ready, right in front of me.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

(P.S. Sorry about the no-blog thing yesterday, it's been a busy week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment