Monday, December 27, 2010

Treasures

Verse of the Day:
Matthew 6:19-21

“Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy, where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust to do not destroy, where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.”

There is always a lot going on during the holiday season… family get-togethers, church services, presents, Santa, delicious food, cookie baking, etc.  And when you talk to people after Christmas, I think one of the first questions you probably get asked is “What did you get?!”  We place A LOT of focus on the items that we receive as presents, earthly things.  How often do we ask someone how it was to spend time with their family? Or how their Christmas church service was?  Probably not as often…

 This year I found myself treasuring time with my family, church services, and long talks with my cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents more than I ever had years before.  Although I’m thankful for all the presents I got, I would trade them any day of the week for time with my family and a baby boy being born to save the world from sin.  My treasure this year was not in my presents, but in my family and my faith.  And that is where my heart is now more than ever.

The Simple Truth: I can’t think of a better way to put it and I think Jesus will be okay with me stealing His words… “For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.”

Pray:
Lord, thank You for a wonderful Christmas and for sending Your son for me.  Help me to remember what is important during this season and keep my heart in the right place.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment