Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Who am I living for?

Verse of the Day:
John 5:30

30 By myself I can do nothing, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me.

I’ve tried a few times to live by myself, to take over my life and put God on the backburner.  Without going into detail, I’m just gonna say it didn’t work out very well.  I’ve heard many speakers say that when they’ve tried to take their own paths they have been left with a God-shaped hole in their heart, and I can totally relate to that - because I’ve learned that I CAN do nothing by myself.  I feel empty and I don’t have a direction.  The point is, when I try to live by myself, I am definitely not living to please God.  I am living to please myself.  When I live to please God and I do the things that I know He wants me to do, say, and believe, I am happy.  There is no God-shaped hole in my heart.  I am good to people and I feel like my life is going in the direction I want it to be going in.  And it’s all because of a simple reason.  I AM LIVING TO PLEASE HIM.  Living for God isn’t easy, and I think that the decision to follow Him is one that you have to remake every morning of your life, but I can’t think of one day that it wasn’t worth it.

The Simple Truth: A life lived for God isn’t always fun or easy, but when you’re living to please Him, it’s impossible to go wrong.

Pray:
Lord, help me to recommit my life to You every day.  I know that by myself I can do little, but with You by my side I can accomplish great things.  Amen.
Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment