Monday, December 6, 2010

Hurt & Healing

Verse of the Day:
John 9:1-3

1 As Jesus went along, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”  3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

This weekend I was blessed to have a 6 hour round trip car ride with two of my favorite people I have met in La Crosse.  These two people have had more influence on me and who I am right now than most of the other people who have come in and out of my life.  Anyhow, we got into a great conversation about getting hurt by others and enduring that struggle.  One or the other of these friends, sometimes even both together, have helped me through many of my difficulties in the past year, and it got me thinking about the people that God brings into our lives. 

In this verse, Jesus heals the blind man and probably proves Himself to many of the people watching that He is the true Healer.  Sometimes I think that God allows us to go through difficult situations to prove to us that He WILL take care of us when we’re hurting.  And although we can’t see the healing He does like the blind man witnessed it, He sends people into our lives that are able to repair us through Him – even if they don’t know that’s their purpose.  God knows what He’s doing when He allows pain and struggle in our lives.  I can look back on my past year and realize that I wouldn’t be as close to these friends as I am right now if we hadn’t all gone through situations that we needed each other to make it through.  They probably don’t even realize how much they have impacted and healed areas of my life. Sometimes God sends us down some crazy paths in order to get us where we are meant to be.

The Simple Truth:  God allows us to experience pain and suffering.  But He also sends amazing people into our lives with a purpose.

Pray:
Lord, thank You for all the struggles I have gone through and the people in my life who have made me the person I am today.  Help me to look for Your purpose in all of my difficulties, as well as all my relationships.  Amen.


Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment