Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let Go and Let God

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 25:12

12Who are those who fear the Lord? He will show them the path they should choose.

I’m really bad at making decisions. It’s so bad that I have to order a Twist Cone at Dairy Queen because I cannot decide if I want chocolate or vanilla. So when I have to actually make major life decisions, I get really nervous. Not all decisions are so easy, you know?

For example, I’ve started visiting colleges. Talk about stress! It’s a bigger deal than I thought I guess. So many things to take into consideration – the size of the campus, money, the programs offered. In the middle of all this craziness, I forgot that God is on my side. COOL! It’s like, what do I really have to be afraid of when God tells me simply in Psalm 25:12 that He will show me the path I should choose.  What I’ve learned is to take all this stress and put it at the cross. I mean who knows us better than the guy who actually created us? A lot of it, for me anyway, is letting go and letting God.

The Simple Truth: No matter how scared or stressed we are about a certain decision, we can literally let God take the wheel. He will tell us where to go next.

Reflect: Do I try and completely control some parts of my life, without the help of God?

Apply: Next time you do not know what decision to make, lay your burden at the cross. Let God handle it. You will be surprised as to how much He knows what He’s doing J  

Pray:
Lord, help me to realize that I can trust you with anything, that I can let you into the craziest and most stressful parts of my life and that You will lead me to the right path. Help me not to be afraid to let go, and let You take the wheel of my destiny.

"And all of creation sing with me now, lift up your voice and lay your burden down"
-All of Creation, MercyMe (Great song, you should listen to it!)

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment