Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Change

Verse of the Day:
Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

I don’t know about you guys, but I sometimes have trouble dealing with change.  Like I got my hair cut last week (only a trim. ha), and I know it’s literally going to take me a good month to get used to it.  Lame but true.  Or when I went off to college for the first time, I had a REALLY hard time dealing with all the changes that came with that.  I felt like I didn’t know how to make new friends, I had no idea where my classes were at, and I was living 4 hours away from home!  Obviously I eventually learned to deal with all that, but I remember that for the first few months of school I felt like there was no consistency in my life.

Changes happen every day of our lives.  I sometimes feel like there is nothing I can count on to be the same every single day.  Friends get mad at you, boyfriends dump you, and your parents change their rules.  You might get a bad grade on a test or run a really bad race in track.  There are a million things that can go wrong.  But I’ve realized that there really is one thing that is the same EVERY SINGLE DAY of my life.  And obviously from my choice of verses, that is Jesus!  How comforting is it to know that He will never change?  And that His love and desire for a relationship with us will never change, no matter how we act or what happens to us?  So awesome.

The Simple Truth:  When you feel like your world is spinning out of control, you can know that Jesus will ALWAYS stay the same.

Reflect:  When things go wrong, am I able to step back and realize that although a lot of things aren’t staying the same, I have a God that will never change?

Apply:  Although God doesn’t change, He does change things in our life.  Next time something changes and it is hard to deal with, try to make something good out of it.  God has a plan!

Pray:
Lord, Thank You for always being the one constant thing in my life.  It is a blessing to know that everything in my world can change but You will always stay the same.  Thank You for the changes you make in my life even if they don’t make sense to me right away.  You are a great God.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment