Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God's Timing

Verse of the Day:
Ecclesiastes 3:11

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I really like to live life on MY time.  I get to pick my classes for school, so I rarely schedule things early in the morning because I don’t like to wake up.  I don’t really like to take babysitting jobs on the weekend because I’d rather go out with my friends.  I like it when I am able to arrange my own schedule and make my own decisions.  It usually works to live life on our own terms for little things like that, but not so much in the big scheme of things.  ‘He has made everything beautiful in ITS time.’  Not in OUR time, but in ITS time. 

All of the big (and even the little!) things in our lives don’t necessarily happen when we want them to.  Relationships don’t start or end how we plan.  We don’t always get to start the first game of the season.  Sometimes we don’t get into the college that we really thought we were meant to go to. But we have to remember that there is someone so much bigger in charge of our lives than us. One of my friends told me a great quote once that I think fits well with this:

God’s timing doesn’t always match ours, but it’s always perfect.

 As much as we want to control every little thing of our life, we have to remember that God’s plan is so much better than ours is.  We cannot IMAGINE the great things that God has planned for our lives.  You are going to be a part of many amazing things in your life.  Even the smallest good things that we do are HUGE in God’s eyes.

The Simple Truth:  You can plan out your life to a T if you want, but in the end it’s the Big Man who has the final say.

Reflect:  Do I try to control every little thing in my life?  In what areas do I need to give God control?

Apply:  When you pray, don’t ask God for things at a specific time.  Ask God to help you follow His plan for you.

Pray:
Lord, help me to remember that you make everything work in Your time.  Remind me that if things don’t happen the way that I want them to, they still will work out the way You’ve planned.  I know You have a bigger plan for me than I have for myself.  Thank You for caring about me so much.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment