Monday, August 16, 2010

Hold On

Verse of the Day:  
1 Thessalonians 5:21

21 Test everything.  Hold on to the good.

So for some reason I had a really hard time picking out a verse for today.  This is seriously the 4th entry I started.  I paged through the Bible just searching for something that really spoke to me.  And found this.   I LOVE the second part of this verse.  Hold on to the good.  Five very simple words.  But I think you can get a lot out of this.  There is so much good in the world that we can sometimes overlook because we concentrate on the bad things in our lives, in our relationships, in ourselves.  I know that I am ridiculously blessed, but sometimes I even take my blessings and I turn them around to make them negative.  I was so lucky to get a great job this summer.  I work with really fun people in an entertaining environment and probably will make enough money not to work this school year.  But I complain about working too much when I should be praising God that He gave me this opportunity.  I get stressed out when I don’t feel like I can balance all my relationships, when I should be thanking God for blessing me with the amazing people He has given me. 

Today is short and sweet and to the point.  Hold on to the good.  Good people.  Good advice.  Good thoughts.  Good attitudes.   Good faith.  HOLD ON.

The Simple Truth:  God has blessed you with so many amazing things.  Hold on to the good ones and get rid of the bad ones.

Reflect:  What blessings do I turn around and see as burdens?

Apply:  Take a look at your life.  What do you need to make sure you hold on to?

Pray:
Lord, I thank You for all the good You do.  Help me to realize how blessed I am and to be more positive about the things in my life.  Help me to recognize and hold on to all the good things I have been given.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment