Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stressing Out!

Verse of the day: 
Colossians 4:6

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I love this verse.  I actually wrote this verse on my desk at school so when I am doing homework and more than likely stressing out, I am reminded of how to handle my anxiety.  How often are we totally freaking out about things that are totally 100% our of our control?  I know I do this a lot more than I should.  It’s so easy to think that it would just be easier if I would do things on my own instead of relying on help from God.  But God WANTS us to come to Him with our stress!  In 1 Peter 5:7, He says ‘Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.’  Just like in yesterday’s verse, the word ‘all’ really sticks out to me here.  God doesn’t want just some of your struggles; He doesn’t want just the easy things or even just the hard things.  He wants ALL of it.  We have an amazing God who asks us to lay all of our burdens down onto Him because He doesn’t want us to have to deal with anything alone.  Another great thing about this verse is that it reminds me to give thanks when I am praying.  Don’t just pray about the hard things that are going on in your life, thank God for the good things too.  Even if it’s as simple as thanking him for a smile someone gave you in the hallway or that your mom made your favorite meal for dinner.  We are all so much more blessed than we realize. 

The Simple Truth:  God wants to be a part of every aspect of your life.  If you’re stressing out about something, tell Him!  And if someone did something that totally made your day, tell him about that too. 

Reflect:  When do I feel like I can handle my problems better by myself than with help from God?

Apply:  Put this verse somewhere!  Maybe on your desk like I did, maybe on your mirror or in the bathroom.  Somewhere you’ll see it every day and be reminded of how to handle your stress when you feel like life is throwing too much at you.

Pray:
Lord, help me to remember that You are always willing to help me with whatever is going on in my life.  I am so lucky that I will never have to be without You.  You are such an amazing God for wanting to take ALL of my struggles and make them Your own.  Thank You for being the one thing I can always count on.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment