Friday, August 27, 2010

Good Character Clothes

Verse of the Day: 
Colossians 3:12

12 As God’s chose ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.

I feel like I have a couple really cute outfits, but other than that I have about 5 white shirts, 4 black shirts, and some maroon shirts in my closet. My friends get mad sometimes that I do not expand my color spectrum for my clothes. And some weeks, I flat out just don’t care at ALL what I look like and I bust out all my WM Basketball shirts from 6th grade and my sweatpants. But for the record, God doesn’t really care what I dress like. AWESOME!

As Christians –chosen ones, who are extremely LOVED by God – we are asked to wear some things every single day. We need to wear compassion. We need to make sure kindness is tucked in. We cannot leave the house without humility. Meekness is a great accessory. And of course we need to remember to wear patience.

A lot of us spend a lot of time in the morning in front of the mirror making sure we look cute, but when that is all done, we need to remember the things that GOD wants us to wear. Because when school is done, the party is over, or when the big dance finishes, it is not the material that counts – it is our CHARACTER.

The Simple Truth:  Before worrying about our outside appearance, we need to remember what God wants us to wear each and every day.

Reflect: Do I remember to wear compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience? Or am I too focused on my outside appearance?

Apply:  Each morning, go through a checklist of the 5 things God wants you to wear. Maybe make a little note on your bathroom mirror to remember. Think of how you can apply those things to your day.

Pray:

Lord, although we want to present ourselves well, let us not forget the clothing of compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Help us wear these things in every moment of every day. Amen.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment