Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Spirit

Verse of the Day:
Romans 8:26

26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.

Do you ever lay in bed at night praying and then all of the sudden you’re like...’I don’t even know what to pray about right now’? Or you get really side-tracked when you’re praying? Or you just simply fall asleep? It happens all the time for me, or some version of that.
This verse is SO COOL. To me, this is how it translates:

"Yeah…no offense, but you really aren’t good at praying. BUT good thing you have this really      cool Spirit that will completely take the wheel when you don’t know what to pray about! The          Spirit will take the deepest part of your heart and make it into a beautiful prayer to God, with    such deep thoughts that words cannot explain.”

I feel so reassured when I read this verse. Sometimes it feels that no matter how hard I focus to pray, it is still so hard. It makes me feel so much better that I have kind of this back up Spirit in a way, who will help me spit out whatever it is I need to say to God. And the Spirit can do it in such an intimate way with God that is too deep for words, too deep for our human minds to even comprehend. WOW.

The Simple Truth:  Even when we feel like we’re at a total loss when we’re praying, the Spirit can speak to God for us to get our prayers through.

Prayer:
Jesus, thank you for sending the Spirit to help me to pray. Help me not to be frustrated when I cannot find the words to say and to know that the Spirit is doing the talking for me when I need it.


Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment