Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bad Day?

Verse of the Day:  
Romans 8:18

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Let us tell you about our worst days ever (okay maybe we are being a little dramatic).

L: I was an 8th grader and I was on the track team. I loved running the 400 meters, although I seriously think it is the hardest race EVER. It’s running as fast as you can for an entire lap around the track. (If you don’t think that sounds hard, you should try it and let me know how it goes). So anyway, I was running and a Delano girl next to me was gaining on me in the last 100 meters, so naturally I ran faster. Well, it turns out that I hadn’t had a lot of fluids that day, and I sort of passed out/tripped 10 meters short of the finish line. There wasn’t a hurdle or anything, I just straight up fell. I skun up my hip, hands, knee, and shoulder. I was not feeling too good after that, but my coach told me I was dehydrated, so I drank FOUR BOTTLES OF WATER. Did I mention that the meet was in Annandale and I had to ride the bus home? Needless to say after all that water, I had to use the restroom. But apparently, nobody likes it when you have to stop an ENTIRE bus of kids for just 1 kid to use the bathroom. So I was BAWLING because I had to pee so bad (kids on the bus were also making waterfall sounds), and FINALLY after I told my coach that I was going to jump off the bus if she didn’t let me off, they stopped for me. I was embarrassed and I was in pain from my expanded bladder. I still think of how awful that day was.

K:  Okay this might not be my worst day ever, but it’s one that sticks out in my head from my high school memories.  It was the spring of my junior year.  I was taking chemistry anddd I suck at science.  So one morning when I was already really tired from the 6000 things I was involved in I woke up super early to go get help from Mr. Hoffman.  I was rushing around trying to get ready fast and finally got out to my car, threw my backpack in, and backed out of the driveway.  But I had forgotten that I set my purse on the back end of my car.  And I didn’t realize it was there until I saw it flying off my car at the fourway stop in my rearview mirror.  Right at school time.  With seriously 20 cars around.  So I pull over and have to go get my purse.  Embarrassing.  To top things off, I had left it open so the entire contents of my purse was scattered in the road.  My phone was shattered.  Once I got to school, I still had to get help with chemistry.  And I still sucked at it, so that didn’t work out well.  I bombed the chemistry test I had that day and remember walking out of the room crying.  And then at track practice that afternoon, Mr. Jepma made fun of me because he had seen my purse fly off my car in the morning.  I hate that day.

What was the point of all this you might be asking?  We’re sure this got you thinking about your worst day too.  And something that we all need to remember is that our WORST DAY EVER on this earth does not compare to the amazing things that God has planned for us in this life and beyond.  For every bad day you have, you have so many great days where you can really see that God is there with you.  So even when you feel like your world is over, remember that God has great plans for you that can’t even compare to the bad days you have. When you think of it that way, your bad day doesn’t seem so bad after all, does it? ;)

The Simple Truth:  Your worst days on earth are the worst day you will ever face. Heaven will bring you so much joy that does not even compare to your bad days here
.
Apply:  Next time you are having an awful day, remember that God is holding you and will bring you to brighter days.

Pray:
Lord, help me to realize that no matter how awful my bad days seem, You have so much more for me and my future. Thank You for always staying by my side. You are an awesome God.
AMEN!

L&K

No comments:

Post a Comment