Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sin

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 103:12

12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

The summer I turned 14, my family took a trip out to Montana.  Let me tell you, I really was not excited about this trip at all.  I didn’t want to be in a car that long, I didn’t want to spend that much time away from my friends, and to top it all off, we left on my birthday!  I honestly felt like it took foreverrr to get to where we were going.  I think it was only like 20 hours, but come on, that’s a long time!  I’m sure you can relate if you’ve ever been on a long trip like that.  Anyway, we are told in this verse that ‘as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.’  If I felt like the trip from here to Montana took forever, how far would I feel like a trip from the east to the west would take? 

It is so comforting to know that God knows we screw up, and He still loves us like crazy anyway.  He sees our sin and takes it from us, no questions asked.  And He doesn’t take it and use it later to blackmail us, He takes it throws it a million miles away.

The thing I struggle the most with when I sin is actually forgiving myself.  I sometimes think that what I’ve done or thought or said is too bad and I cannot the sin I’ve committed out of my head.  But I read over and over again in the Bible how God forgives me (1 John 1:9, Acts 3:19, Isaiah 43:25-26, Hebrews 10:17… Just to name a few), and even though it’s still hard for me to forgive myself, I think ‘If the creator of the universe can forgive me for what I’ve done, I think I’m going to be okay…' : )

The Simple Truth:  You can dwell on the mistakes you’ve made in the past, or you can let God take them far far away from you.  All God wants to do is take away your pain and make you a new creation in Him.

Reflect:  Am I able to give up my sins to God or do I keep beating myself up for mistakes I’ve made in the past?

Apply:  Make an effort to talk about your sins with God.  It makes it easier for you to deal with them and lets God know that you really feel bad and are making an effort to grow in your relationship with Him.

Pray:
Lord, I am so blessed that you want to take all the pain, sin, and hurt out of my life.  Thank You for always forgiving me and never turning Your back on me even when I make big mistakes.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment