Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God Goals

Verse of the Day:
Romans 12:2


Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God -- what is good and acceptable and perfect. 


I am a busy girl, if some of you don't know. I tend to get myself super involved and volunteer to do wayyy too many things for my own good. Some days I wake up and set some goals for myself. I ask, 'What will be the focus of today? Will it be keeping up in government class? Or getting everything for student council ready?' I have realized lately that I have not been making it a priority to put God in the center of my days. I have been conformed by the many things that keep me busy throughout the day.

Setting goals is important. I will continue to make goals about the different activities I am involved in every day, but I'm also going to challenge myself to make a goal to pray once a day at a certain time, or to go to church one day a week. Those goals will bring me closer to God, keep me from conforming to the world, and  help me keep God at the center of my life. What God goal will you make?

The Simple Truth: It is easy to get caught up in our own worlds, but we need to keep God in the center.

Pray:


Lord, help me to set goals to keep you in the center of my life. Help me understand that the things I do in this world are not what is important. Help me to come closer to you even when I am busy and to set God goals.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment