Friday, February 11, 2011

Grudges

Verse of the Day:

Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself.

I've had a super stressful week at school. For those of you who don't know, I'm kind of a crazy person because I'm involved in way too many things for my own good. I was at work getting everything ready for our big semi-formal dance coming up tomorrow night. Every day, it seemed, something would go wrong. One day someone forgot to sell tickets at lunch. The next day someone messed up all the money in the cash box. The next day we ran out of dance tickets, and there were crying girls and upset guys who didn't get their tickets. 

Throughout all of those little mishaps, someone was always responsible. I was just so stressed, I took it out on everyone around me. I acted pretty selfish, not thinking anyone's problems even COMPARED with mine. I got really mad at this one guy over something really stupid. I was holding grudges. I wasn't thinking about anyone but myself. 

After I got some sleep and all of the problems got fixed, I looked at things from another perspective. I tried not to think of just me. And guess what? Things went a lot smoother. Holding grudges did nothing to help my situation. Getting mad at people didn't fix the fact that someone messed up the money. Once I got past that and learned to look what it'd be like in other people's shoes, I got so much more done.

The Simple Truth: Holding grudges will do nothing. Look at things from others points of view and you'll be able to see what really matters.

Pray:

Lord, when I am frustrated with other people or situations, help me to not hold grudges and to look at things from their point of view. Help me to realize that it's not all about me.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment