Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Deeds

Verse of the Day:
1 Timothy 6:18


Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.


I came home last night to my roommate having a really bad day.  It was 11:30 p.m., she had been in class all day, then worked until 11, she had 2 papers to write before class in the morning, and about 10 other  things that were stressing her out.  I felt so terrible for her, but I also felt like there was NOTHING I was able to do to make her day better.  I talked to her for a while and once she felt a little better about all she had to do, I went to bed.  Our schedules are pretty opposite, so I didn't see her during the day today but I kept thinking about her, praying for her, and hoping her day today was better than yesterday.

I had to run some errands today and passed by the candy isle at the grocery store.  Cookie Dough Bites caught my eye...  'Elicia loves these!' I thought.  I threw them in my basket and checked out.  When I got home I wrote a little note to her and put that and the candy on her bed.  Elicia got home from work a little while later, and I actually forgot I had even put the candy in her room.  She talked to us downstairs for a while and then went up to her room to go to bed.  Soon after, she ran out of her room laughing and thanking me over and over for the candy, the note, and for just plain old thinking of her.  She seriously just came in my room 30 seconds ago and thanked me again.   It made me feel so great that I was able to impact her day so much JUST by writing a simple note and getting her her favorite candy.

The Simple Truth:  Our SIMPLE actions can turn someone's day around.  Small actions speak in big ways.

Pray:
Lord, help me to notice when those around me are in need of something.  I know that I won't always be able to provide what they need, but help me to remember to pray for them and help them in simple ways.  Keep my focus on how great it is to constantly serve others.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment