Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Opportunity

Verse of the Day:
Colossians 4:5


...make the most of every opportunity.


I just started a mentorship program with my school. Basically, for the next 10 weeks I get to follow around someone doing their professional job and get a feel for what it'd be like. I'm going to be mentoring with a music therapist and I'm really excited about it, but I'm also very nervous. Today, I had an interview with him and met him for the first time. I had no idea what to expect! I was nervous, wondering if he'd even be willing to be a mentor or want to work with me. Right before I met with him, I decided this was a significant opportunity and that I needed to put my heart into it to get what I wanted out of it.

Even though I didn't even get to follow him around as a music therapist, I got a lot out of our hour interview because I put a lot into that opportunity to meet with him. I asked all the questions I needed and didn't hesitate to share my fears and my excitement. As soon as I was open, he was too, and we both got a lot out of the meeting.

Relating this to God, ( I use that phrase a lot don't I) :)) there are so many opportunities to get closer to God. Some of them we pass up or don't even see all together. Make the most of every opportunity God throws at you. And when you take up that chance, put whatever you've got into it. You'll get a lot out of it in return.

The Simple Truth: God throws opportunities in our lives and it's up to us to make the most of them.

Pray:

Lord, help me to make the most of every opportunity and to recognize chances to get closer to you. Help me through new situations that might scare me. A to the MEN.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment