Thursday, February 17, 2011

Giving Everything

Verse of the Day:
Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Okay so I know I relate a lot of stuff to God about my singing experiences and voice lessons and stuff...but really that's where I make a lot of connections! So, yet again, I have ANOTHER connection. Bear with me :)

I was at my voice lesson the other night, and I just wasn't singing very well. I don't know why. It just didn't sound very good and I wasn't hitting notes I usually can hit. Then my voice teacher said "Lauren, just give everything you've got and you'll hit that note!" I didn't think he would be right, but when I put everything toward hitting that ONE NOTE I hit it! And it felt so good!

Relating this to God, sometimes we don't give everything to God. We might give him some of our worries or some of our anxieties about certain things. When we do that, sometimes we're not pleased with the outcome. If we give God all of our worries, all of our hopes, dreams, fears, happiness, think of how much we will get out of it. When we put everything we have toward building a stronger relationship with God, we're gonna get it. And it's gonna feel so good!

The Simple Truth: If we give everything to God, He'll do great things for us.

Pray:

Lord, help me to give everything to You, not just some of the things in my life. Help me to realize how powerful and great You really are. Amen.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment