Monday, January 31, 2011

Contentment

Verse of the Day:
Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

I have a friend who is constantly looking for something more.  She always thinks that having more of certain material things will make her happier.  She never feels people are giving her enough attention or dedication.  In all the years I’ve known her, I haven’t seen her completely content with where her life is.  Sometimes it breaks my heart that she is always reaching for something more.  Although this friend does have a relationship with God, she struggles to put Him at the top of her priority list and to ‘seek first the kingdom of God’.  She is a beautiful, wonderful girl, but she has a real issue with being thankful for what God HAS provided for her.

I know that I don’t have a perfect relationship with God either, but watching my friend struggle has made me see more than ever that no one will ever be content with material things and earthly relationships unless they are putting God as their #1 priority.  By doing this, we are making it easier for God to speak to our hearts and help us to be happy. 

The Simple Truth:  Unless you put God and your relationship with Him at the top of your list, you will never be truly happy with the things happening in your life.

Pray:
Lord, thank You for all You’ve provided me with in this life.  Help me to have You and Your desires for me as the focal point of my life.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment