Monday, February 7, 2011

Renewing My Faith

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 51:10


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


I'm almost positive anyone who reads this blog knows all about Summer Fest and all of its wonderfulness, but if not, check it out - Summer Festival.
Anywho, I went to Winter Festival this weekend.  On Friday, even though I really did want to go, I couldn't help but think of all the other things I could have or should have been doing instead of taking a weekend away.  Even as I was driving there I couldn't get my mind off these thoughts.  Finally I arrived at where camp was being held. I took out my phone to let people know I was there and realized I had no service. At first this panicked me, but in the end it was one of the greatest blessings of the weekend.

As soon as I got out of my car and started talking to all of the people who are involved in Winter Fest, my worries were out the door.  They are absolutely some of the greatest people I know and definitely some of the most fun people to be around.  The campers arrived and my attitude improved even more.  We went to club and worshiped our amazing Lord with song and dance and heard some wonderful words from a speaker.  I knew that was exactly where God wanted me to be this weekend.  The rest of the time continued on like that... Great worship, amazing talks with amazing campers and staff, words being spoken right to where my heart was at, and no connections to the outside world.
And then as it always does, the end of the time came too soon.  I had to leave these great people and this inspiring atmosphere and go back to the real world that I wasn't prepared to face.  Even though I could have used a couple more days of camp, God gave me exactly what I needed this weekend to feed my spirit and renew my faith in Him.  He gave me a reality check of what is important in my life right when I thought I had it all figured out.

The Simple Truth:  God knows what you need even when you don't and will provide you just the right amount.

Pray:
Lord, give me opportunities to renew my faith in You.  I know that sometimes I feel that I am too busy to spend the time on You that I should, but help me to see that everything else in my life will get easier if I do.  You are a great God.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

1 comment:

  1. I think you captured why we keep doing winter festival and know you're a beloved part of that community.

    ReplyDelete