Friday, February 4, 2011

Advice

Verse of the Day:
Proverbs 19:20


Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life.


I like to give advice.  If a friend is dealing with something that they want someone else's input on, I try to be there for them and give them the best guidance that I can.  When other people are in bad situations and all we have to do is listen to what is bothering them and give them another point of view or advice on it, we think it is so easy to see the way out of the situation.  I know a lot of times when I am listening to someone I am thinking "Well I KNOW if I were in this situation, I would handle it like this and it would totally work out."  But then if I ever am in a similar situation, I have no idea what to do.  One of the hardest things to do in life is to take your own advice.
God doesn't expect or want us to go through difficult times in our lives alone.  He has given us people in our lives who have a way to speak to our hearts using His words.  Just talking to people with backgrounds and experiences different than the ones you have can help you to be able to see things more clearly.

The Simple Truth:  You shouldn't try to handle life's problems on your own if you feel they are too much for you to handle.  Find a Christian friend, mentor, parent, or anyone who you think will have advice to lead you in the right direction.

Pray:  
Lord, thank You for not letting me go through any difficult times alone.  I know that it is sometimes hard to see my situation and what I should do from the inside.   Please help me to be willing to let people in to help me.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment