Monday, February 14, 2011

In the World, Not of it

God has blessed me with so many wonderful people in my life.  One of these people is Alyssa.  She is my roommate and one of the most beautiful people, inside and out, that I have ever known.  Alyssa has such a love for Christ and an amazing passion for people, especially people in other countries who don't have the opportunities we have here in America.  I am so lucky to have her in my life and she has changed the way I look at so many things in this world.  God has her doing big things in her life and I can't wait to see what they are.  Keep this girl in your prayers!  Anywho, she's guest blogging today.  :)

Verse of the Day:

Romans 12:2

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

We live in a world that puts more faith in our failing economy than in our Savior.  A world that would rather sing songs of discrimination than songs of praise.  It’s all so tempting to lose ourselves  in the customs of this world but I’d rather live for what’s pure and true. 

During my run this evening my beautiful friend Cherie and I were made an observation of how many billboards we were passing with the simple purpose of trying to persuade us to buy unnecessary items.   As I reflected on Romans 12:2 I couldn’t help but think about today’s culture and the customs of this world.  Hollywood is filled with glitz and glamour, the quality of life (for many) is determined by how many things one owns, and money is the driving force of actions.  How beautiful is it that as Christians we have something much more valuable, promising, and true.  We have the love of Christ and he has a plan for my and your life that is indescribable through words.  We don’t have to look any further than the promises in the Bible to know that if we let him into our life and let him direct it we will live a life full of love and a life that is pleasing to Him. 

The Simple Truth: Jesus is love.

Pray: 
Lord, I pray that you continue to transform and mold me into the person that you created me to be.  I want to live only by the plan that you have mapped out for my life because your plan is more beautiful and perfect than anything I could ever dream up.  

I am so blessed to have this girl as one of my best friends.
Peace, love & prayers-
K

Happy Valentine's Day!  Hope you spread some love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment