Thursday, January 27, 2011

Words

Verse of the Day:
Mathew 12:37


Jesus said, "For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned"


Sometimes I do not realize the power of words. I could be having an awful day and someone could come up to me and compliment me or give me encouragement and immediately my day can be brighter. Or just the opposite -- someone could say something nasty to make my day absolutely terrible. Words can make or break our day.

Most of us do a lot of talking every day. We talk to our parents, our teachers, and our friends. Do we realize how much our words mean though? Words are more important than we think! We use words to encourage others. We use words to put people down. We use words to make promises; to break promises. We use words to express our love and our dislike toward others. Words you spoke yesterday may define how your day was today.

Be conscious of the words you use around others and take into consideration the power in them. Think before you speak! :)

The Simple Truth: Words are important and very powerful. They can have more impact than you think.

Pray:


Lord, help me to use my words wisely and to think before I speak. Help me to encourage others with my words, not put them down. Help me understand the importance of words. Amen.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment