Thursday, January 20, 2011

We Are Many Parts

Verse of the Day:
Romans 12:4


Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function.


As many of you know, I am a large choir nerd. This past summer, I got the opportunity to go to All-State Choir camp. IT WAS AWESOME. I had a wonderful director, and overall the experience was just amazing.


I've worked really hard to be a good singer,and I've realized that I've kind of got a knack for it. I thought I was pretty good just on my own! Then I went to camp last August. I was blown away. When we all came together as a group, we were so powerful. It was so overwhelming. Each of our individual talents came together to form one awesome giant sound of awesomeness. We all had different parts, too. I was a soprano, but there were other voice parts as well. We all came together to perform our specific role, and in the end, it turned out fantastic.


We all have different gifts. It's just the way it is. When we come together, though, we are so powerful. In a church, it wouldn't make sense for everyone there to be the pastor. We need the singer, the person who reads scripture, and the people who attend church to pull everything off. We all have a role and it's up to us to come together with everyone else to make it twice as powerful.


The Simple Truth: We all have different individual gifts, but when we come together and unite, the results are twice as impactful.


Pray:


Lord, help me to recognize my individual talents and my individual roles. Help me to then come together and pull my weight to make any group event a success. Amen!


Let your light shine.
-Lo



No comments:

Post a Comment