Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Practice

Verse of the Day:
Philippians 4:9


Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me - everything you head from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


I've been playing piano for 11 years. I didn't sit down as a 1st grader and pull out Beethoven's 9th Symphony at my first lesson, though. I started at the basics. After much practice and discipline, I began to work on more advanced things. I made progress. It wasn't like I had two or three lessons and I had every aspect of piano down. In fact, there are still things I don't know about the piano and the techniques to use. I am still learning today!

The same goes with our spiritual life. It takes practice. It takes discipline. First we need to master the basics of Christian living, and then we can move on toward the more advanced aspects of Christianity. The more we practice disciplines such as prayer, Bible study, and service, the more we grow spiritually. The more we will mature to the person God created us to be.

The Simple Truth: Just like playing the piano, our spiritual journey takes practice and discipline.

Pray:


Lord, help me to know that I will not be perfect at Christianity at first. It takes practice and discipline. Help me to do things like reading the Bible and praying to practice my faith so that one day I will be the Christian you created me to be. Amen.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment