Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Behind the Scenes

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 116:6


The Lord protects the simple hearted.

Today during my free block I was hanging out in the library. I overheard some teachers talking. They were talking about their kids and how much they had to figure out before the day was over. They had to get kids to different sports practices, get a meal together, and pick up kids from daycare. At the same time, they were also in charge of 30 students. They had papers to grade, finals to get ready, and students to discipline. What I'm getting at is that teachers (and a lot of other people) do a lot more work behind the scenes than we think they do. We usually don't give them enough credit. We don't thank them for the things that we cannot see.

Relating this to God -- I think there are a ton of ways throughout our lives that God has protected us and we didn't even know it. I don't think we know how many times God has directed us away from trouble. Usually, we probably don't even realize it's happening. So today, thank God for the ways He has protected you from behind the scenes.

The Simple Truth: Although there are many wonderful things God gives us that are visible, there are many times He has protected us from harm and we don't even know it.

Pray:

Lord, thank you for protecting me, even when I don't know it. Thank you for keeping me safe and helping me make right decisions. Thank you for the things you do for me that I cannot see.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment