Monday, January 17, 2011

Taste & See

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 34:8

O taste and see that the Lord is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

I love to cook.  It totally destresses me when I can be in the kitchen all alone, making some sort of delicious dinner for myself, or even better – for other people.  I love to be able to serve others and making them meals is a great way to do it.  And I think I have some pretty tasty dishes.  ; )

So, you can read  this blog about what a great cook I think I am or I could tell you in person or someone else who has eaten something I’ve made could tell you,  but are you yourself really going to believe it until you actually eat something I’ve cooked?  Probably not. 

In the same way, we can read all we want about God.  We can go to church and hear about all of the miracles He performed.  Our friends and family can tell us about their relationship with God.  But until YOU 'eat' God’s word and experience Him yourself, you won’t be able to fully know all that He has to offer you.

The Simple Truth:  No matter how much you read or hear about God, you will never be able to ‘taste’ all that He is until you experience Him yourself.

Pray:
Lord, help me to move deeper into a relationship with you.  I know that if I want to know you more, I have to have my own encounters with You, not just hear about other people’s.  Thank You for giving me the chance to have a loving relationship with You.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment