Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Guidance

Verse of the Day:
Proverbs 16:9


Human hearts can plan their course, but the Lord determines their steps.  


I am a big planner.  I like to know when, why, and how things are going to happen.  Even if an event is months away, I like to know what time I will need to be there, what I should be wearing, what I should bring, etc.  Many times, other people don't plan that far in advance, so they can't give me an answer... And that really stresses me out!  I like being able to take big steps in planning instead of little ones as the details come in.

The guidance we receive from God many times doesn't come in big pieces.  Usually it comes slowly in small pieces, He shows you just enough for you to trust His plan enough to take that next little step.  He never revels His plans for us all at once.  By doing this, He teaches us to trust Him more and more.  He's a tricky guy, huh? ; )

The Simple Truth: Never doubt that God has a great plan for you - no matter how slowly He shows it to you.

Pray:
Lord, thank you for the great plans You have for my life.  Sometimes it's hard to not have things happen when or how I want them to, but help me to be patient and trust that You will show them to me when the time is right.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

P.S.  There won't be any entries for a few days because we'll be soakin' up some sun on a cruise ship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment