Thursday, September 9, 2010

Waiting

Verse of the Day:
Joshua 1:9

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I hate going to the dentist. I hate it more than anything in the world. I could think of one million things I would rather do than go to the dentist. I am 17 years old, and I tear up every time I have to go because I think it is so awful. I could probably type for 20 more minutes telling you how much I HATE THE DENTIST. I'm just gonna scream it.

I HATE THE DENTIST!

Okay, got that out of the way.

When I get to the dentist office, the waiting room is always comfortable. There are always interesting magazines and entertaining music. It smells nice and there are flowers on the table. The receptionist smiles and is polite and I think, "Hey, maybe this won't be so bad after all!" But then I hear my name. The dentist is calling me into the office. The time has come. I freeze. I don't want to go. I would rather just stay in the waiting room! It's so nice and cozy!

I feel like this situation can be applied to real life. We can get so COMFORTABLE waiting. I mean, let's be real. God is not in a hurry very often. So when he nudges us to get moving, we freeze. We're content. We're afraid to move. But the reality is, we aren't meant to live in the waiting room. The waiting room is there for us to mentally prepare ourselves for what is ahead. When God calls us, we gotta be ready. We gotta have courage. We gotta be strong.  But don't be nervous, God tells us that He is with us (even at the dentist).

Pray:

Lord, help us to be courageous, that we may be strong on the day you call us. Help us not to get too comfortable in the waiting room of life, but to mentally prepare ourselves to do Your will.
P.S. YOU ROCK!

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment