Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rock Bottom

Verse of the day:
2 Corinthians 12:9

9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness."

The summer before my junior year of high school was, without a doubt, the most emotionally draining summer of my life.  In June, my favorite teacher Mr. Kugler passed away suddenly.  This was really difficult for me because he had been a very influential teacher to me and even though I had only known him a year, he had made a huge impact on my life.  I don’t remember July being so awful, but then came August.  In the first 2 weeks of August, I failed my driver’s test, my pet goldfish died, my boyfriend broke up with me, and one of my friends dove into the shallow end of a pool and became paralyzed from the shoulders down.  I didn’t know how things could get any worse.  I remember going to a prayer service for Jake, the friend who got paralyzed, and sitting with my friends Chelsey and Amanda and just crying for hours.  I was at the lowest point I could ever remember being at in my life.  I didn’t know what to do, who to trust, or what to believe in.  But in that moment where I felt like I was at rock bottom, realized that through all of this, I really did have God there for me.  I was weak, but He was strong.  He brought me to that low point so that He could build me back up again and make me into the person I am meant to be. 

The Simple Truth:   It’s easy to get angry with God when He brings us to points like this where we don’t know how much further down we can go until we will just break.  But He has a purpose for it.  And He is there with us every single step of the way.   Let God make you weak so He can show His strength. 

Pray:
Lord, thank You for the trials in my life.  I know that I see them as burdens, but You mean them as blessings in disguise.  Help to glorify You to the fullest no matter what the circumstances in my life.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment