Friday, September 17, 2010

Obedience

Verse of the Day:
Luke 14:28-30

Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, "This fellow began to build and was not able to finish."


Okay so I am really bad at working out and getting exercise. I get all excited thinking about the idea of being in shape and running every day and toning my muscles, but when it comes down to it, I get super lazy. I usually get into a routine for like 2 weeks, and then as soon as I get the hang of it, it's almost like I get bored and I quit. I run out of patience. I'm not obedient anymore. As soon as that happens, I get out of shape. FAST.

Now, comparing this to our relationship with the Lord. The thought of having a really close relationship with God is super duper exciting. Especially after retreats or week-long camps, all you want to do is work on your relationship with God. But after awhile, it's easy to get lazy. Not so obedient. It's hard to keep that flame going. As soon as we stop working on our relationship with Jesus, it gets 'out of shape'. FAST.

We gotta press on even when we're tired. We gotta keep that fire going in our heart. We gotta be obedient for the Lord. Cause in the end, it'll be worth it ;)

The Simple Truth: It can be hard to stay in touch with God, but be obedient to Him even when you're feeling lazy!

Pray:
Lord, help me to desire to work for a better relationship to You. Help me to maintain a strong connection to you even when I'm tired. AMEN!

HAPPY WEEKEND! :D

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment