Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Best Advice

Verse of the Day:
Jeremiah 33:3

Call to me, and I will answer you; I will tell you wonderful and marvelous things that you know nothing about.

When tough times hit us, we like someone to talk to. It's always nice to have someone to vent to when a boyfriend breaks up with you or you fail a test. It's especially nice when that friend gives great advice. We like to have someone right there, physically present. But has it ever happened to you when your friends are too busy to listen to you? Or they have their own problems? Who do you turn to then?

Jesus tells us in Jeremiah 33:3 to call upon HIM. And HE will give us the answer. In fact, he will do more than that. He will give us advice that we never even thought about. I know that when I have a problem, I don't always turn to God first. I want INSTANT answers (and we all know that God answers us when the time is right for HIM) so I talk to friends, my sisters, or my mom. Sometimes I am too frustrated, to sad, or too upset to get myself to talk to God. This verse reminds me that He won't let us down. He says right in the verse, 'Call on me, and I will answer you.' Next time you're having a problem, who will you call on?

The Simple Truth: Turn to God in times in trouble. He knows what to do.

Reflect: How often do I go to my friends for advice? How often do I turn to God for advice?

Apply: Next time you're upset, go to God first. He may surprise you!

Prayer:

Lord, help me turn to you when I am going through a tough time. Help me to know that you have the answers that will fufill my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment