Monday, September 13, 2010

My Plans

Verse of the Day:
Proverbs 19:21

21 Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

So I just started my senior year of college.  Yep, I am an old lady.  I feel like I just graduated high school still and really cannot believe I have been here for 3 years already!  When I came into college, I remember thinking that by the time I was a senior, I would have my whole life figured out.  I would know who I was going to marry, I would know exactly what I wanted to do when I graduated, I would know where I wanted to live, I would know it all.  I had made my own plans and I tried my hardest to stick to them. 

I thought I was going to be a radiation therapist – now I am going to be a teacher.  I thought I was going to be married young – now the thought of that makes me panic.  I thought I wanted to live around home – now I want to go see the world (for a while at least!).  God threw me a lot of curveballs in the last 3 years, but I could not be more thankful for where I am right now.  I know that I am exactly where I am meant to be and that God knows my purpose.  I can make all the plans that I want to and try to make everything work, but in the end it’s all about where God wants me to end up.

Every person has a purpose.  The real work of our lives is finding it.

The Simple Truth:  You can plan until you’re blue in the face, but when you least expect it God will change your life and direct you on the path that He has planned for you.

Pray:
Lord, thank You for being so concerned about me.  I love that You already have a predetermined plan for my life and cannot wait to see what it is.  Help me to follow and listen to You.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

2 comments:

  1. Best one yet, Kristy! Thanks for sharing. :)


    Love you -

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommm! Thanks for commenting. I love it. And love that you're reading it. MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete