Monday, October 18, 2010

Osmosis

Verse of the Day:
Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

I really don't like science. Like, it's just not for me. Although a lot of things didn't 'click' in biology class, one thing made sense to me. Osmosis. Basically osmosis is when particles move from one side of the membrane to the other because it gets too crowded on one of the sides. The more dense will filter through to what is less dense.

I know you're thinking, how is she going to relate this to God?

Well, here I go.

We need to build up a density WITHIN us. More like an inner strength. Then, when the world pushes us to move to the other side of the membrane, we will be strong enough to resist the pressure to abandon our true values and honest selves.

It makes sense when you think of it that way, doesn't it? :)

The Simple Truth: Build your inner density up, so that you will not be tempted to conform to the world and will remain true to yourself.

Pray:

Lord, help me to live how you want me to live. Help me to not listen to what the world wants me to be, and help me to hear what YOU want me to be. Guide me to build an indestructable inner strength, so that nothing will break me down.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment