Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Making Time for Prayer

Verse of the Day:
1 Thessalonians 5:17

17 and pray continually.

                If there is something I need to work on right now with my relationship with God, it is praying.  Praying is one of those things that I always just put off.  Like I feel like I am too busy to do it during the day, and so I say I’ll pray before I go to bed.  And then by the time I get to bed, I feel like I am so tired that if I tried to pray I would just fall asleep and God might think that was rude.  So I end up just not doing it.  Every once in a while, I decide to make some ‘faith goals’.  They are usually different depending on where I am in my life and what is going on, but praying more is ALWAYS on my list.  I don’t know why I just can’t make it a daily thing like brushing my teeth or checking my Facebook.  Lately I have been trying to not schedule time for prayer, but to work prayer into my schedule.  I pray when I am in the shower.  I pray when I walk to class.  I pray when I am cleaning my room.  Prayers don’t have to be long and they don’t have to be beautiful.  All God wants is for you to have a conversation with Him.

                Our relationship with God is just like any other relationship in our lives.  We need to put work into it!  God wants to hear from us, He wants us to put effort into it.  Think about if God were just one of your friends – You’re too busy for Him all day and then you ask Him for a couple favors and drift off to sleep.  How long would you have a friend like that for?  I’m gonna guess not long because they’d probably get sick of you treating them like that.  God wants to hear about everything in your life!  He might already know it (because He planned it!;), but He wants to hear it from YOUR point of view.

The Simple Truth:  Your relationship with God is a two way street.  Are you putting in the effort?

Pray:
Lord, help me to remember that I need to work on my relationship with You every day.  Show me ways that I can easily fit prayer into my day.  Thank you for always caring about me and listening to what is going on in my life.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment