Friday, October 8, 2010

Forgive!

Verse of the Day:
Colossians 3:13

13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Okay so I have two points I really want to talk about regarding forgiveness, and I can't decide which one to do, SO I'M GONNA DO BOTH :)

I was at a youth group a few weeks ago, and the theme was forgiveness. We watched a movie about a mother who had a son. The son was murdered. Two days after the murder, the mother forgave the man who killed her own son. FORGAVE HIM. It wasn't like it was 2 years after he was murdered, it was 2 days.When she was asked why she forgave the man, she replied that the only way she got enough courage to forgive him was through God. She said that since God forgave us for all the sins in the world (so take murder and cheating and every single little bad thing and add everyone's together), she thought she should forgive the man. Take that story into consideration next time you have trouble forgiving someone.

NEXT POINT. Have you ever noticed that when peope forgive you, they make a BIG deal out of it? It's just like a huge scene  Someone forgiving you may say "Okay, I'm just letting you know that I'm forgiving you and that you owe me and that it was really hard for me to forgive you but I'm doing it anyway" Can you relate to that quote? I know I can. Have you ever thought about forgiving someone silently? And not making a big deal about it? How cool would that be. Seriously.

The Simple Truth: God died for ALL of our sins. All of them. In the whole world. When we have a hard time forgiving someone, let us remember that, and let us humbly forgive that person.

Pray:

Lord, thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Help me to forgive others, just as You have forgiven me.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :)

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment