Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jeek (Jesus Geek)

Verse of the Day:
1 Chronicles 16:11

Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!

I am not sure how many of you know this about me, but I am a full-blown GLEEK. For those of you who don't know what a Gleek is, it's basically a person who is obsessed with the television show Glee. I have seen every single episode (numerous times), I know all of the songs (I have about 45 downloaded on iTunes), I even have a Glee zip-up hoodie hanging in my closet (which I LITERALLY wear every single week to school). I have watched every character's audition on YouTube and I have seen every 'Ellen' interview with the cast members. Needless to say, I love Glee.

I think we all have something that we are 'obsessed' with. Whether it be a sports player, a pop singer, or a show on TV. What is it for you?

The point of all of this is, sometimes we know more about our favorite team or personal idol than we do about Jesus. Sometimes it is hard to keep a constant yearning to know Jesus better, but we gotta remember that Jesus IS our biggest hero! Get to know Him!

I'm reading this book right now, and the author suggested something to get to know Jesus. He said to never let a day pass without reading out of one of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). There are TONS of great stories in these books of the Bible that can really help us understand who Jesus Christ truly is. I have personally tried doing this, and am already discovering things about Jesus that I never knew before. I am becoming a Jeek, rather than a Gleek.

The Simple Truth: Get to know Jesus!

Pray:

Lord, help me to yearn for You. Help me to get to know You better. Help me put my earthly loves aside and focus on YOU. You're the biggest hero of all! AMEN!

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment