Monday, March 14, 2011

Temptation

Verse of the Day:
Matthew 4:1-2


Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. He fasted for forty days and forty nights, and afterwards he was hungry.

Just for the record, I have to chuckle at the last part of that verse. "And he was hungry" -- after not eating for forty days and forty nights, I'm sure Jesus was a little more than starving!

Anyway, temptations are all around us. Every day. They seem so great at first, but they usually leave us feeling empty and vulnerable. Temptations can be anything from wanting to cheat on a math test to faking sick to get out of going to church. Giving into temptations may not seem like a big deal, but if they build up, they become a bigger deal. The more small temptations you give in to, the more you will get used to doing it. Then you will be tempted by even more things, and you'll keep digging a hole. It is up to us, with the help of God, to RESIST all of those daily temptations that don't seem like anything big, so we can build up a strong faith to avoid temptations to bigger situations in the future.

What are some temptations in your life? How big or small are they? What will help you resist those temptations?

The Simple Truth: Temptations are all around us. How will you resist them?

Pray:

Lord, help me determine the temptations that are in my life. Help me to resist them so I can be closer to you and so that I can resist bigger temptations that I will face in the future. Be with  me to guide me and protect me along the way.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment