Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get Your Ticket

Verse of the Day:
James 4:8


Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.


Once upon a time, there was a man. This man wanted money. Really bad. He decided to pray that he would win the lottery. Every. Single. Day. He was confident that God would answer his prayers and that he would soon be very rich. After an entire year of praying, he became frustrated. He had been so persistent and started to lose his confidence in God. He asked God, "WHY haven't I won the lottery? Aren't you supposed to answer my prayers?" God answered him, "You haven't got a lottery ticket."

Sometimes, this concept happens to me. I get so caught up in asking God for things over and over again, I forget that my relationship with God is a two way street. I have to be putting in time to building our relationship. I cannot constantly ask God for things. I have to thank Him as well. We have to do our part so that the Lord can do His part.

The Simple Truth: Our relationship with God cannot be simply asking for things. Have you got your 'lottery ticket'?

Pray:


Lord, help me to realize that our relationship is a two way street. Help me to thank you for things on a regular basis and to put effort into making my faith stronger.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment