Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Borrowing

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 24:1


The earth is the Lord's and everything in it.  The world and all its people belong to Him.


Whenever I borrow something from someone, whether it be just an shirt from my sister or a car from my roommate, I try to be as careful as possible with it to make sure that I am able to return whatever it is I borrowed from that person in the best condition possible.  If I somehow would have ruined whatever had been borrowed to me, it would be my fault and I would have to make it up to them by buying them a new shirt or paying for their car to be repaired.  I am responsible for whatever I take into my hands.

Similarly, all that we have on this earth really isn't ours.  God has given us lots of great things to have while we're here, but when we go to heaven we don't get to take any of that stuff with us.  So in a sense we're just 'borrowing' it for our lifetime.  We need to take good care of what God has given us because someday we'll need to give it back to Him and we'll be held accountable for the things that we didn't take very good care of.

The Simple Truth:  Nothing here is for keeps.

Pray:
Lord, when I am using one of the many gifts you've provided for me in this life, help me to remember that it's not really mine.  I know when I meet you face to face I will have to answer for everything I have and haven't done in this lifetime.  Help me to prepare for that by making wise decisions in this life.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment