Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Growing with God

Verse of the Day:
Colossians 2:7


Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.  


There is a family that I have been babysitting since the oldest child was a baby.  The kids are now 8 and 5 and every time I see them I am amazed at how much they have grown and changed since the last time I was with them.  It's the smallest things - I was amazed when the 5 year old was able to talk in full sentences when I came home from college a few years ago, and now she makes some of the funniest jokes I've ever heard and has the sassy mouth of a teenager.  And the 8 year old boy is so responsible!  He knows that he has to let the dog out, practice piano, and do his homework when he gets home from school.  He is able to do so many things on his own now and it makes me realize how fast people grow.  I never realized how much these kids changed when I was with them on a more regular basis.

I think sometimes our faith grows like this too.  From day to day it doesn't seem to make many improvements.  Sometimes I think.. "I've been praying more, going to church more, talking about God more, but I STILL don't feel like my relationship with Him is growing."  But when I look at my relationship with God a year ago or even a month ago, I can see how I've grown closer to Him and how He has worked so much in my life.

The Simple Truth: Just like with the kids, the differences are hard to see but there are constantly big changes happening in your relationship with God.

Pray:  Lord, help me to not get discouraged when it feels like my relationship with You is at a standstill.  Thank You for providing me with the opportunity to be close to You and to have Your guidance and love in my life.  I know You're slowly but surely doing great things with me.  Amen.

Peace, love & prayers -
K

No comments:

Post a Comment