Monday, November 15, 2010

Silence

Verse of the Day:
Job 37:14

"Listen to this; stop and consider God's wonders."

We live in a noisy society. There is noise all around us at all times. The day starts with a loud alarm, then you usually listen to music while you get ready, then off to school where your friends are always talking, then to a sport practice where coaches are yelling, then to dinner where you talk about your day, then you watch some TV and do some homework, and then it's time for bed. Many of us even fall asleep to the TV or to our iPod!

Silence is something that is not easy for us, in my opinion. When there is silence, it signals boredness or something negative. But silence is vital for a good relationship with God and for an intamacy with YOURSELF. I haven't mastered the skill of silence yet, but I'm trying. Whenever I am driving, many times I completely turn off my radio and just spend some time by myself. Sometimes in the middle of homework, I stop and just lay down in silence. It really helps you keep in touch with yourself and silence is a great place to pray.

So, if you're confused, angry, tired, frustrated, happy, excited, grateful...whatever. Come to the silence.

The challenge: 10 minutes a day of pure silence. Ask yourself every morning when you can fit it in your schedule for the day. You'll be surprised at how much you'll appreciate that time for yourself.

The Simple Truth: Silence can help us grow in our faith and help us develop an intimacy with own selves.

Pray:

Lord, help me to realize that silence is not a bad thing. Help me to take time out of my day daily and devote it to You and to myself. Speak to my heart in those times of silence. Amen!

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment