Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happiness

Verse of the Day:
Matthew 10:8

"Freely you have received, freely give."

First of all, we just want to say thank you for all of the prayers throughout the last couple of weeks. The power of prayer is amazing, something we have never experienced so much in our lives. We've had a little trouble getting back into the swing of things, so blogs might still not be consistent, but bear with us!


Happiness is something that we all want. All the time. We try and keep our happiness level up, so we are always on a 'happy high'. We find little things to be happy about and we find big things to be happy about. I read this entry out of a book I'm reading, and it really hit me. Think about happiness this way:
 
"I guess it all comes down to deciding how long you want to be happy. If you just want moments of happiness, I suspect pleasure and possessions can satisfy. If you want to be happy for an hour, take a nap. If you want to be happy for a whole day, go shopping. If you want to be happy for a weekend, go fishing. If you want to be happy for a month, take a trip to Australia. If you want to be happy for a whole year, inherit a fortune. But if you want to be happy for a lifetime, find a way to make a difference in other people's lives."
 
Find a way to make a difference in other people's lives. Whether that's picking someone's books off the floor for them or giving them a compliment. God has done SO much for us, we need to pay it forward. That's where the true happiness will come.
 
The Simple Truth: Many things can make us happy, but only for short periods of time. Living God's word and making a difference in other people's lives will give us eternal happiness.
 
Pray:
 
Lord, help me to put others before myself. Help me to do what you want me to do and to positively impact others around me.
 
Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment