Monday, April 18, 2011

Real-Life Action Heroes

Verse of the Day:
Philippians 4:13


I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.

A few weeks ago, I asked my cousins what they wanted to be when they grew up. My 8 year old cousin replied he wanted to be a karate master. My 6 year old cousin replied she wanted to be a princess. When we were all younger, we wanted to be something absolutely great when we grew up, whether it was the President of the United States (yep, that's what I wanted to be) or an action hero on TV. In our young minds, the plans seemed perfect. Our parents probably told us we could be whatever we wanted to be, but deep down they knew we'd never be able to become something so outrageous.

When we grew up, somewhere along the line, reality sunk in. Somewhere along the line, we let ourselves be okay with being content. Where did that mentality of being anything we wanted to be go? When did we realize that we probably couldn't be supermodels or CIA agents? When did we stop believing we could become the impossible? I think God wants us to still have that mentality, that we can do whatever we want do  to in Him. That doesn't mean life without problems, but it means lives overcoming problems. God wants to turn us into walking, talking, fearless, heroes for HIM.

The Simple Truth: God wants to turn us into real life action heroes that live fearless lives to praise Him.

Pray: 


Lord, help me to realize that nothing is impossible. Help me to overcome my life problems by having a mentality of a 5 year old and thinking I can achieve anything in You. Help me to be your real-life action hero.

Let your light shine.
-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment